Spent a good while yesterday going through some things. Couldn't get the bike started at all but I think it's due to a bad battery which was killed by wailing on the starter and trying to crank it over and over last week. I took the carb apart and looked at where everything was set. It was set to stock jetting. Because of the big sucker and 2-1 pipe I am thinking it needs to be jetted richer. I moved everything one setting richer while in there and will see what happens when the new battery comes. Now running a 162.5 main jet, 27.5 pilot jet and circlip on "4" setting for the needle.
In other news I think I finally have all the parts I need. I got some stock police bags and rails today off craigslist and the shift linkage and everything else has arrived. I will still need a new windshield and a couple other bits and bobs but overall the main shopping is over.
Wednesday will setup with a new battery and see how it runs with slightly richer carb settings.